The Mission of Hope Lutheran Church
Growing the faithful family of God.
The family of Christians at Hope Lutheran Church and School are "on a mission"!
We want you to know that Jesus Christ has chosen you for eternal salvation.
Believing this together makes us a "family"... the "family of God".
It is our mission to leverage everything we've been given, so that God's family will grow.
We grow deeper in wisdom, faith, understanding, and knowledge.
We also grow greater in number as God continues to extend his "family".
We encounter this growth through four main componants of life together. By engaging God and one another in these four ways, Hope Lutheran Church and School is Growing the Faithful Family of God.
How are we growing the faithful family of God at Hope?
Let's look at each of these in greater detail.
At Hope, our deepest experience of God is the thankfulness we feel because of Jesus' mercy towards us. He gave His life as a redeeming sacrifice for you and for everyone. Once this incredible gift of love starts to "sink in", we find ourselves filled with thanksgiving. And that becomes a powerful God-made motivation to care deeply about the needs we see in the world around us.
The Bible says it most profoundly, "We love because God first loved us." 1 John 4:19
And in Colossians 3:12, we are encouraged to, "Put on, then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience…"
So, since we are given a mission to care, we continue to add ministry activities that help us express God's love, compassion, and kindness.
Some examples of our Care Ministries are:
- Meal Train - meals provided to families during times of special need
- Amish Pack-out - food packages bundled together from donations from the Amish Market and donated to families in need
- Homebound Visitation - we share a time of ministry together with those who cannot easily get out of the house
- Family Promise - we participate in a ministry which helps homeless families "get back on their feet"
- Crisis Counselling - we offer free counselling to people in grief, divorce, conflict, and other crises
PAGE STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION